In these Terms and Conditions "we" and "us" mean Palace Cinema, Palace Entertainments Limited and any member of the Sefton Group plc Group of Companies or any Associated Business ("Sefton Group").
This website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Isle of Man. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Manx courts.
Updates and modifications will be made to these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Please ensure you check these Terms and Conditions each time you access this site.
In interpreting these Terms and Conditions:
- The use of the singular includes the plural and the use of the plural includes the singular;
- It is not intended that the headings should be taken into account; and
- An "Associated Business" means any business owned or operated by Sefton Group
Palace Cinema Information and Conditions of Sale
Terms and Conditions of Sale
We shall post any changes on this page and we may place notices on other pages of the site so that you and any other third party whom you are representing are aware of how we collect and use your and their information and under what circumstances it is disclosed.
By continuing to use the site, you will be deemed to signify that you agree to any such changes on behalf of yourself and on behalf of those others.
All performances carry a Film Certificate. Please ensure you check the Film Certificate classification each time you purchase a ticket.
A guide to film classification categories and their suitability:
|To be confirmed - In some instances films had not been certified before the website was uploaded.|
|Universal, suitable for audiences aged 4 years and over.|
|Parental Guidance - General Viewing, but some scenes may be unsuitable for young children.|
|12A with Parental Guidance - 12A means that the BBFC have classified the film unsuitable for children under 12. However, they may still watch the film, as long as they are accompanied by someone over 18 at all times during the showing. Advice is given regarding the content of the film and the ADULT must decide if it is appropriate for the accompanying under 12.|
|15 - Suitable only for persons of 15 years and older. Please note: proof of age may be required.|
|18 - Suitable only for persons of 18 years and older. Please note: proof of age may be required.|
1. It is your responsibility to check your tickets at the time of purchase or on arrival (by post); mistakes or errors cannot always be rectified.
2. Every member of the audience must be in possession of a valid ticket.
3. Any patron using a wheelchair must make this known at the time of booking. As there are a finite number of wheelchair spaces in the Palace Cinema, users must advise of their requirements at the time of booking; it is part of our Health and Safety policy that this number may not be exceeded.
4. The management reserves the right to refuse admission.
5. No responsibility will be accepted for personal property. Please keep your belongings with you at all times.
6. Photography or recording inside the auditorium by members of the audience is not permitted.
7. It is general policy that once tickets are purchased, they may not be exchanged for other events/shows or money refunded.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the Palace Cinema's right to alter the performance schedule should circumstances beyond our control make this unavoidable, without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. The Palace Cinema is not liable for any changes or inaccuracies in these details which may prevent the ticket holder being contacted. In the case of a group booking, the organiser who purchased the tickets is deemed responsible for communicating any changes to the group.
9. The ticket holder is entitled to a seat of the value corresponding to that shown on the ticket however the venue reserves the right to provide alternative seating to those specified on the ticket. Where seating of a lesser value only is available, the ticket holder will be compensated to a maximum of the difference in value between the prices of the seats. The ticket holder may be re-seated in higher priced seating at no additional cost at the discretion of Palace Cinema management.
10. All tickets are supplied for personal use. It is not permitted to sell or offer for sale any ticket at above the face value.
11. In the interests of Health and Safety the Palace Cinema reserves the right to restrict public access to any parts of the cinema premises.
12. In the event of a cancellation of a performance or event, the Palace Cinema shall have no further liability other than the face value of the ticket.
13. Special Effects â€“ If you are concerned about inclusion of any special effects during a performance, please ask at the time of booking, although the inclusion of these may not be notified to the Palace Cinema until the actual performance dates.
14. Every effort is made to ensure that the information on the website and all other publicity materials and adverts is correct, however we advise prospective patrons to contact the Booking Office to confirm show information and availability prior to making a special trip to the Palace Cinema.
15. Competitions: Prizes offered by the Palace Cinema or Sefton Group or Associated Business or Production Company or any of its supporters and suppliers for competitions run on its website or via the media have no cash value. Where prizes are offered for a particular performance we will not exchange these for a different performance or production. If you have purchased tickets for a performance or production and you enter a competition for tickets for the same performance or production, we are unable to give a refund.
16. From time to time the Palace Cinema or Sefton Group or an Associated Business or its representatives may mail patrons with information concerning forthcoming events. If you do not wish to receive this information please advise us by telephoning 01624 682773/682778 or email email@example.com so your details can be deleted from our mailing database.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS CORRECT AS AT JANUARY 2012
Palace Cinema Confidentiality
There is no guarantee that the contents of any email you send to us will remain confidential during internet transmission. The internet is not a 100% secure medium of communication and, accordingly, the Palace Cinema cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of any information transmitted via the internet. Palace Cinema and/or Sefton Group and/or an Associated Business are not responsible for any damages you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information. We shall comply with the provisions of the Data Protection policy set out below in respect of data that you send us.
Change of Address
The personal information collected from you during this website service will not be disclosed by Sefton Group to any third party without either your prior consent, or the requestors' demonstrated legal authority to receive it.
Acknowledgement of Electronic Transactions
If you send us a communication electronically, we will generally acknowledge it within 3 working days. If we do not, please contact us again. Since transmission by email is a reliable but not an infallible means of communication, proof of transmission should not be taken as proof of receipt. If you send us information when you are within the secure part of the site (which will normally be indicated to you by a security lock symbol if you are using a Microsoft operating system), you may treat that information as have been validly given to us when it comes to our attention.
Please note that:
- This service does not guarantee that the Palace Cinema or Sefton Group have accepted or processed your address change.
- It may take up to 4 weeks from receipt of your request to complete the process.
- Use of this service is restricted to the individual except where a third party has given permission for that individual to use this service on their behalf.
- In using this service you are confirming that the information provided is true and accurate.
In no event shall the Palace Cinema or Sefton Group nor any Associated Business, be liable (whether to you or to any third party whom you are representing) for any cost or damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with (a) your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this site or (b) any transaction effected by you or us and arising out of your access (or arising out of access which has been purportedly made by you) to this site.
You accept full responsibility for the validity, accuracy and transmission of information you send to us. Without limitation, we do not accept any responsibility for the loss, delay or corruption of any information that you send to us.
You should not interpret any information on this site as providing any advice or recommendation that any particular transaction should or should not be effected or service obtained.
Any goods or services that are indicated as being available on the site may be withdrawn or modified at any time. Any information on this site regarding goods or services that are provided by Palace Cinema or the Sefton Group or Associated Business is not intended to change the manner in which those goods or services must be supplied or the entitlement to those goods or services as provided for in law.
The Palace Cinema reserves the right to alter the content, presentation, performance, user facilities and availability of all or any part of the site at its sole discretion, at any time, and without giving any notice.
You must use your own judgement in making any decision based on information supplied on this site. The site is not designed to provide the sole source of advice on a particular subject and should not be interpreted by you as providing the sole source of advice on a particular subject. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, reliability and usefulness of any opinions, services or other information provided on the site.
In addition, where you are representing another person, you should not permit that person whom you are representing to regard the site as providing the sole source of advice on a particular subject.
This site is owned by the Palace Cinema. By submitting information about yourself or others to this site, you on your behalf and behalf of others consent to its use as set out in this consent notice. We may also record information about the way you have used our site to improve the way it operates.
Personal data that you provide to us will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2002 of the Isle of Man.
We need this data to help us to provide details of our goods and services and for research purposes. Data collected in certain circumstances may be transferred to Sefton Group and/or Associated Business.
Where it is lawful to do so, we may share personal data that you provide to the Sefton Group and to Associated Business. We and Sefton Group and/or those Associated Business may contact you (by email, telephone or other appropriate means) in order to provide the goods and services for which they are responsible. The information that you supply will be held and used for the purposes of administration by us and by Associated Businesses.
The information that you supply may also be used by us and by the Sefton Group or any Associated Businesses for accounting, statistical, or marketing purposes, and may be transmitted by any usual means including the internet. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please contact the Data Protection Co-ordinator at the address below.
Any communication you make with the Palace Cinema or with an individual on the Palace Cinema's website may be monitored for quality control and security purposes.
In accordance with data protection legislation as it applies to Palace Cinema or the Sefton Group or Associated Business, we will provide a means for you to check and where appropriate amend the personal data about you which we have recorded. Any person wishing to access their personal data should write to the Company Secretary, Sefton Group plc, Harris Promenade, Douglas, IM1 2RW or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Palace Cinema may charge a fee of up to a maximum of £10 to process a personal data request.
For your convenience we have included links on this site to other websites that we believe you may find useful. These websites will each have their own Privacy Statement, which may differ from ours. Therefore please ensure, when you click on any of these links, that you read the Privacy Statement located on the website you have selected. Any websites connected with this site are not within the control of the Palace Cinema or Sefton Group or Associated Business.
- By using this site, you are agreeing to the collection and use of any personal information sent to the Palace Cinema in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
- Before you provide the Palace Cinema with any personal data about a third party you must obtain the correct authority from the individual concerned and undertake to keep that individual advised about how the information of that individual will be used.
This site does not automatically store or capture data aside from IP addresses, but personal data which is inputted is held, processed and transferred.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
Except as indicated otherwise, all intellectual property rights in the information, text, graphic images, logos, features or functions and layout (including the â€œlook and feelâ€) contained in this site are the exclusive property of Palace Cinema and are subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated.
Copying or use of our text, images and logos or of the text, images or logos of any third party on this site is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner. However, you may download or print pages from this site for personal, non commercial use, provided you do not remove any copyright notices shown on those pages. If you are a business, please note that you may still download or print the pages, provided the downloading or printing is incidental to your business and the purpose of doing so is not to use the material that you download or print as the basis for your business. Any resale of the material downloaded or printed from this website is prohibited.
Please read our FAQ'S for more information about the Palace Cinema which includes some house rules before completing your booking Thank You